Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Birds are decent people...


Lola
Originally uploaded by sbmi92.
Have you ever felt misunderstood? Maybe you just have a bad day at the office and need someone to talk to? I have that in my bird. Lola is a green cheek conure and very receptive. She talks jibberish back to me when I am talking to her. I let her know how lucky she is to be protected from the harsh reality that is "the world". Everyone should have a "Lola".

The problem I am having is a double edge sword called communication. How do you communicate with people who have not been properly taught how to communicate? How do teach such a person how to communicate if they can't let you know they are learning how to communicate? This exact reason is why I admire the handicapped who are unable to comunicate in a "traditional" manner. These people take nothing for granted and value any communication skills they were given. Some of my co-workers suffer from this "commnication retardation" and it is driving me nuts. Lola understands...

Is there anything quite as frustrating as this? Well, other than the World Series and why they play baseball to begin with? I mean, honestly, calling baseball a "sport" is quite a stretch. A sport, to me, is defined by the amount of agility and strength is harnessed in a team effort to reach a common "goal". I saw more standing around, spitting and whinning tissy fits than an actual "sport" happening there. Honestly people, try soccer. You might actually run a little and use some athletic ability. Baseball players are some of the laziest kind ever made, I swear. Look at them. I could only stand about 23 seconds of the World Series on TV before I was flat sick. These are athletes making millions and spending it on what? Beer? Those guts are inhuman. Geez...

In closing, mascots. Cardinals and Red Sox? Are you serious? Foot underware is something to fear now? Only if left unattended near a chemical labratory after a 10 hour work day outside. Then, maybe, I might fear them. Have you ever seen a Cardinal? We have alot of them here in the midwest US and I can tell you, they are not exactly "beasts to be dealt with". They are very pretty though. Does this say something about the St. Louis team? Hmm.

Birds are just decent people. Let 'em be. More people should be more like birds.

No comments: